Thursday, October 2, 2014

Post #2

1. I am shifting my focus to for-profit colleges. These include but are not limited to University of Phoenix, itt-tech, and Devry university. I want to find out more about the people who invest in these businesses, their goal, and government action. After watching College inc. I have seen that this topic is much more interesting.
2-3,5. A big source of motivation came from College inc. which is a documentary about for-profit colleges. I have also come across two books, The price of admission and new players different game. I am hoping to gain all sorts of information from these book because they talk so closely with for-profits. Third, i have found a essay called Globalization and the emergence of for-profit higher education. I expect to find out more about the investment side of for-profit colleges here.
4. I have found by my research that the knowledge of these for-profit colleges are out there. Lots of people are aware of their bating techniques. But the sad truth is that most people who attend these colleges are looking for a very easy way through to attain a degree. One person says, "for-profit colleges are the fast-foods' of higher education."
6. The other side of the argument is that each student has the choice. They are not forced to attend a for-profit university.

No comments:

Post a Comment